SMITHERS, BC: Campfires will be permitted throughout the Northwest and Prince George Fire Centre beginning at 12 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday July 28, 2021.
Although fire danger ratings have declined in the region due to recent rainfall and cooler temperatures, the public is strongly encouraged to exercise extreme caution with the use of any campfire. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that burning is done in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with regulations. Before lighting any fire, check with local government authorities to see if any local burning restrictions are in place.
While campfires will be allowed, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires remain prohibited, which includes the use of fireworks and sky lanterns. These restrictions will remain in place until October 15th, 2021, or until the order is rescinded.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 6, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 1.1°C October 16, 2021
- Saturday: Periods of rain. High plus 5. October 16, 2021
- Saturday night: Periods of rain. Low zero. October 16, 2021
- Sunday: Chance of flurries. High plus 4. POP 30% October 16, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 5. October 16, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High plus 5. October 16, 2021
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 5. October 16, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High plus 5. October 16, 2021
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. October 16, 2021