SMITHERS, BC: Campfires will be permitted throughout the Northwest and Prince George Fire Centre beginning at 12 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday July 28, 2021.
Although fire danger ratings have declined in the region due to recent rainfall and cooler temperatures, the public is strongly encouraged to exercise extreme caution with the use of any campfire. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that burning is done in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with regulations. Before lighting any fire, check with local government authorities to see if any local burning restrictions are in place.
While campfires will be allowed, Category 2 and Category 3 open fires remain prohibited, which includes the use of fireworks and sky lanterns. These restrictions will remain in place until October 15th, 2021, or until the order is rescinded.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, -22.8°C December 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 23. POP 40% December 4, 2021
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 15. December 4, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 19. December 4, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 11. December 4, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 17. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 8. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. December 4, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% December 4, 2021