Ended as of July 3, 2021. Both of these wildfires are no longer a wildfire of note but remain active.
The BC Wildfire Service is currently responding to two wildfires (G80995, G80997) north of the Buckinghorse River, in the Pink Mountain area adjacent to Highway 97 North.
Due to current wildfire activity and rapid growth, crews are on standby.
The fires are both estimated to be 100 hectares in size and are classified “Out of Control”. Smoke is visible from nearby Highway 97 North, however traffic is not anticipated to be affected at this time.
Updates to follow once available.
Written and released by BC Wildfire Service.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John August 5, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 23.2°C August 5, 2021
- Thursday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 28. August 5, 2021
- Thursday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 14. August 5, 2021
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% August 5, 2021
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Saturday: Rain. High 16. August 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Rain. Low 10. August 5, 2021
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. August 5, 2021