Ended as of July 3, 2021. Both of these wildfires are no longer a wildfire of note but remain active.
The BC Wildfire Service is currently responding to two wildfires (G80995, G80997) north of the Buckinghorse River, in the Pink Mountain area adjacent to Highway 97 North.
Due to current wildfire activity and rapid growth, crews are on standby.
The fires are both estimated to be 100 hectares in size and are classified “Out of Control”. Smoke is visible from nearby Highway 97 North, however traffic is not anticipated to be affected at this time.
Updates to follow once available.
Written and released by BC Wildfire Service.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -22.9°C December 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 23. POP 40% December 4, 2021
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 15. December 4, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 19. December 4, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 11. December 4, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 17. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 8. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. December 4, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% December 4, 2021