Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region beginning today and well into Wednesday. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected.
Environment Canada Details…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
A frontal system will approach central BC and spread snow heavy at times over Highway 97 – Pine Pass this afternoon, and to northern BC Peace River this evening.
Heavy snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Two people injured following shooting in Dawson Creek… April 12, 2021
- Police incident on PG Pulpmill Road… April 10, 2021
- RCMP seek assistance in mischief investigation at coffee shop in Williams Lake… April 10, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 10, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 2.6°C April 13, 2021
- Tuesday: Mainly sunny. High 10. April 13, 2021
- Tuesday night: A few clouds. Low zero. April 13, 2021
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 14. April 13, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low zero. April 13, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High 14. April 13, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low plus 3. April 13, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High 16. April 13, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 4. April 13, 2021