Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region beginning today and well into Wednesday. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected.
Environment Canada Details…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
A frontal system will approach central BC and spread snow heavy at times over Highway 97 – Pine Pass this afternoon, and to northern BC Peace River this evening.
Heavy snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2022
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 12.0°C May 23, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 7. May 22, 2022
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. May 22, 2022
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 7. POP 40% May 22, 2022
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 19. POP 40% May 22, 2022
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. May 22, 2022
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High 12. May 22, 2022
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 3. May 22, 2022
- Thursday: Sunny. High 16. May 22, 2022