Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region beginning today and well into Wednesday. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected.
Environment Canada Details…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
A frontal system will approach central BC and spread snow heavy at times over Highway 97 – Pine Pass this afternoon, and to northern BC Peace River this evening.
Heavy snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH , Fort St. John August 5, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 23.2°C August 5, 2021
- Thursday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 28. August 5, 2021
- Thursday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 14. August 5, 2021
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% August 5, 2021
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 11. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Saturday: Rain. High 16. August 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Rain. Low 10. August 5, 2021
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 60% August 5, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. August 5, 2021