Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region beginning today and well into Wednesday. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected.
Environment Canada Details…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
A frontal system will approach central BC and spread snow heavy at times over Highway 97 – Pine Pass this afternoon, and to northern BC Peace River this evening.
Heavy snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -22.9°C December 5, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 23. POP 40% December 4, 2021
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 15. December 4, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 19. December 4, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 11. December 4, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 17. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 8. December 4, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. December 4, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 60% December 4, 2021