Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region beginning today and well into Wednesday. Up to 15 cm of snow is expected.
Environment Canada Details…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
A frontal system will approach central BC and spread snow heavy at times over Highway 97 – Pine Pass this afternoon, and to northern BC Peace River this evening.
Heavy snow will taper off Wednesday morning.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 29, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 13.9°C October 1, 2022
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 7. September 30, 2022
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 22. September 30, 2022
- Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Low 12. September 30, 2022
- Sunday: Sunny. High 20. September 30, 2022
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 9. September 30, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 21. September 30, 2022
- Monday night: Clear. Low plus 4. September 30, 2022
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 15. September 30, 2022