As of 1 pm MST, the Alaska Highway is now open.
UPDATE: Motorists can take a detour around the crash using the Mason Rd to 212 Rd. Watch for flaggers and emergency vehicles.
Motorists in the Dawson Creek area be advised the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions between the 212 Rd and 214 Rd. A vehicle incident has caused the closure which is located near the Reidell Subdivision. No detour. Expect delays!
DriveBC Details below…
Highway 97. There is a multi-vehicle incident between 212 Rd and 214 Rd for 1.2 km (7 to 6 km north of Dawson Creek). Until Fri Feb 19. The road is closed. Accident located near Reidell Subdivision, expect delays, update with detour route to follow. Watch for flaggers and emergency vehicles near site. Next update time Fri Feb 19 at 11:00 AM MST. Last updated Fri Feb 19 at 10:36 AM MST. (DBC-26291)
- Fatal crash claims one life west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- Province provides update, next steps for Site C… February 26, 2021
- OPEN… Highway 16 CLOSED west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 11, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -15.5°C February 27, 2021
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 16. February 26, 2021
- Saturday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 40% February 26, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 4. POP 60% February 26, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. February 26, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 1. February 26, 2021
- Monday: Periods of snow. High minus 3. February 26, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 7. February 26, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 2. February 26, 2021