Drivers can expect delays during overnight hours on provincial highways between Prince Rupert and Chetwynd from Jan. 27 to 30, 2021.
During this time, a large commercial vehicle will be transporting oversized cargo along the route.
Drivers can expect to see intermittent delays on these route segments:
- Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Terrace: Wednesday, Jan. 27, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Highway 16 from Terrace to Topley: Thursday, Jan. 28, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Highway 16 from Topley to Prince George: Friday, Jan. 29, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Highway 16 from Prince George to Highway 97 at Bear Lake: Saturday, Jan. 30, between midnight and 5 a.m.
- Highway 97 at Bear Lake to Highway 29 at Jackfish Lake Road (north of Chetwynd): Sunday, Jan. 31, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
The above schedule depends on a number of factors, including weather and road conditions.
The route is scheduled during times when traffic volumes are low for the safe and efficient transport of the cargo and to reduce traffic delays for all travellers.
Drivers can check DriveBC.ca for the most up-to-date information about route closures before travel and are reminded to obey posted speed limits, traffic control devices and flag persons.
Note: For cargo information, media should contact the commercial carrier, Omega-Morgan, at 713 262-5277.