As of January 2, all snowfall warnings have since ended.
UPDATE: Up to 20 cm is expected for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region on Friday. Snowfall Warnings are now in effect. As of Jan 1, 2021 at 8:52 AM PST.
Original posting from December 31 is below…
For those travelling tonight be advised heavy snow is expected for the Pine Pass region tonight and into Friday. Up to 20 cm is expected.
Snow will continue for the Prince George region on and off throughout Thursday and into Friday. And snow is also in the forecast for the BC Peace region.
Total snow accumulations of 15 to 20 cm expected tonight and Friday.
An approaching Pacific frontal system will give snow to Williston and Highway 97 – Pine Pass tonight through Friday. Light snow from the system will start this evening and become heavier overnight. The snow will continue through Friday evening with total accumulations up to 20 cm possible.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Strong wind gusts forecast for Tuesday… January 18, 2021
- Overdose Alert: Illicit Benzodiazepines or “Benzos” contaminating street drugs January 18, 2021
- Two known prolific offenders arrested… January 18, 2021
- WIND WARNING , Fort St. John January 19, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 4.3°C January 19, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Temperature falling to plus 1 this afternoon. POP 40% January 19, 2021
- Tuesday night: A few clouds. Low minus 1. January 19, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 2. January 19, 2021
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 5. January 19, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 4. January 19, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 11. January 19, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High minus 6. January 19, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. January 19, 2021