As of January 2, all snowfall warnings have since ended.
UPDATE: Up to 20 cm is expected for the Pine Pass and the BC Peace region on Friday. Snowfall Warnings are now in effect. As of Jan 1, 2021 at 8:52 AM PST.
Original posting from December 31 is below…
For those travelling tonight be advised heavy snow is expected for the Pine Pass region tonight and into Friday. Up to 20 cm is expected.
Snow will continue for the Prince George region on and off throughout Thursday and into Friday. And snow is also in the forecast for the BC Peace region.
Total snow accumulations of 15 to 20 cm expected tonight and Friday.
An approaching Pacific frontal system will give snow to Williston and Highway 97 – Pine Pass tonight through Friday. Light snow from the system will start this evening and become heavier overnight. The snow will continue through Friday evening with total accumulations up to 20 cm possible.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. https://shiftintowinter.ca/ reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Have you seen William NADEAU?.. January 14, 2021
- Recall Warning – Harvest brand Polish Sausages may be unsafe due to undercooking… January 14, 2021
- New downtown pool begins to take shape… January 13, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 2, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 0.3°C January 15, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High plus 5. January 15, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low zero. January 15, 2021
- Saturday: Increasing cloudiness. High plus 4. January 15, 2021
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 60% January 15, 2021
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 8. January 15, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 2. January 15, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High plus 5. January 15, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low plus 4. January 15, 2021