DAWSON CREEK, BC: The driver of a commercial truck hauling gasoline has died after the truck collided with an abandoned vehicle on the AH Sunday morning…
Police say on December 13 at 6:56am, the Dawson Creek RCMP was dispatched to a report of a motor vehicle collision on the Alaska Highway just south of 230 Road near Taylor.
Preliminary investigation suggests that the tanker truck was traveling north on the Alaska Highway and struck an unoccupied vehicle which had been left parked; or abandoned, on the side of the highway. The tanker truck rolled over into the ditch as a result of the impact and immediately became engulfed in flames. The driver did not survive the crash.
The Dawson Creek RCMP has also been unable to make contact with the family of the involved driver and will continue until next of Kin has been reached.
The Alaska Highway will remain closed until at least December 16 while undergoing repair.
The Dawson Creek RCMP is seeking witnesses to the crash and are also looking to speak with any drivers that may have noticed the pickup truck parked on the side of the road prior to the crash.
If you have information which may assist the investigation, please call (250)784-3700 and speak to the lead investigator; Cst Sam Bratina.
- FOG ADVISORY , Fort St. John October 24, 2021
- Current Conditions: Fog, 2.1°C October 24, 2021
- Saturday night: Fog. Low minus 4. October 23, 2021
- Sunday: Fog. High 6. October 23, 2021
- Sunday night: Periods of rain. Low plus 2. October 23, 2021
- Monday: Rain. High 7. October 23, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 3. POP 40% October 23, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 10. October 23, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. October 23, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. October 23, 2021