UPDATE 5: The AH is now open to single lane alternating traffic. Expect delays! As of Dec 17 at 11 am.
UPDATE 4: The Alaska Highway will remain closed until at least Dec 17 at 12 pm MST. Updated on Dec 15.
UPDATE 3: For details on the crash, click here..
UPDATE 2: The Alaska Highway could be closed until Wednesday, December 16 following a tanker truck fire Sunday morning south of Taylor.
UPDATE at 9:50 AM: All heavy truck traffic should take the detour using Hwy 29 to Hudson’s Hope. Traffic control is on scene. Light passenger traffic detour via 228 rd, 243 rd 230 rd. All times listed will be in MST.
Motorists be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions south of Taylor due to a vehicle fire. Details and detour information below. There is no further information available at this time. Expect delays. Times listed below are using MST.
Highway 97 Both Directions
Highway 97, in both directions. Vehicle incident between 228 Rd and 230 Rd for 3.2 km (12 to 9 km south of Taylor). Road closed. Estimated time of opening not available. Watch for traffic control. Heavy truck traffic must DETOUR through Hudson Hope. Next update time Sun Dec 13 at 10:00 AM MST. Last updated Sun Dec 13 at 7:33 AM MST. (DBC-24621)
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Light Rainshower, 9.1°C September 21, 2021
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% September 20, 2021
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. September 20, 2021
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 30% September 20, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 12. POP 30% September 20, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low plus 3. September 20, 2021
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 11. September 20, 2021
- Thursday night: Cloudy. Low 7. September 20, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 16. September 20, 2021