PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Saturday, December 5, 2020, the Prince George RCMP’s Municipal Traffic Services Section conducted targeted impaired driving enforcement as part of National Impaired Driving Enforcement Day…
This is the kick-off event for Holiday Check-stop Season where the Prince George RCMP allocates increased resources in their effort to keep impaired drivers off the road. Police conducted both static and roving checks at multiple locations in Prince George.
In the six hours of targeted enforcement action, members conducted 2,500 vehicle checks and performed 50 Approved Screening Device tests with a pass rating.
As a result of this enforcement, the following Motor Vehicle Act violations were issued:
• 1 – 90 day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions with 30 day vehicle impoundment
• 4 – Provincial Roadside Suspensions for alcohol
Impaired driving remains one of the leading causes of serious and fatal motor vehicle collisions on our roads.
In addition to assessing drivers for sobriety, Traffic Services members also discovered the following driving infractions:
• 4 – drivers with no driver’s license
• 3 – vehicles without insurance
• 4 – people driving contrary to restrictions
• 2 – prohibited drivers
If you witness an impaired person get behind the wheel of a vehicle or witness a possibly impaired driver on our roads, please immediately call 9-1-1.
Written and released by Prince George RCMP
- Fatal crash claims one life west of Prince George… February 26, 2021
- Province provides update, next steps for Site C… February 26, 2021
- OPEN… Highway 16 CLOSED west of Prince George… February 26, 2021