FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person is facing charges after a traffic stop this past weekend in Fort St. John…
Police say during the late evening hours of November 28, 2020, members of the Fort St. John Drug Unit conducted a proactive traffic stop with a vehicle in the area of 100th Avenue and the Northern Lights Drive. The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for weapons offences and resisting arrest.
The investigation lead to the seizure of approximately 2.3 kilograms of illegally packaged cannabis and cannabis by-products, which are not permitted for private sale or consumption by Canadian law.
The seizure of illicit cannabis is street valued at approximately $30,000. Additionally, $13,000 in Canadian currency was seized as well as weapons and contraband cigarettes. This is a disruption to the local illegal cannabis black market trade.
The RCMP would like to remind residents that while the consumption of recreational cannabis is allowed under the new Cannabis Act and Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, the possession of illicit cannabis and the possession of cannabis over the limits defined in the Cannabis Act remains illegal.
The driver was released on an Undertaking with a court date of February 8, 2021.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 15.8°C September 24, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. September 24, 2021
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 17. September 24, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of rain. High 15. September 24, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 14. POP 40% September 24, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021