FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Inert powder is to blame for the closure of the Fort St. John Post Office in Thursday…
Police say on October 15, 2020, at 8:13 AM, officers were requested by the Fire Department to attend the Canada Post office located at 10139 101st Ave, to assist with a package that was deemed suspicious.
The Canada Post staff were evacuated as a safety precaution after the package, leaking an unknown substance, was located by employees during their daily duties. The Fort St. John Fire Department removed the package from the building and secured it on site for the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit to evaluate.
The Fort St. John RCMP remained on scene until the building was cleared and the BC RCMP Explosive Disposal Unit determined that the leaking substance was an inert powder that posed no risk to Canada Post employees or the public’s safety.
The RCMP released the scene at approximately 5:30 PM the same day.
Nobody was injured.
- ⚠️ Snowfall Warning for Quesnel and Williams Lake region… October 27, 2020
- Fort St. John RCMP arrest two known offenders following stolen vehicle incident… October 27, 2020
- Erratic driver causes issues from Kamloops to Williams Lake… October 26, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, -1.3°C October 28, 2020
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 4. POP 30% October 27, 2020
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 5. October 27, 2020
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 6. October 27, 2020
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High zero. October 27, 2020
- Thursday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 6. POP 60% October 27, 2020
- Friday: Chance of flurries. High minus 2. POP 60% October 27, 2020
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 3. October 27, 2020
- Saturday: Sunny. High plus 3. October 27, 2020