FORT ST. JOHN, BC: It is with great sadness that we report this to you today… Condolences goes out to family and friends of Sarah Foord.
A major crime investigation that initially began on July 10, as a missing person investigation has became a homicide investigation with charges being laid.
On Friday July 10, 2020, Sarah FOORD, 38, was reported by a family member as missing to the Fort St John RCMP.
On July 13, 2020, the BC RCMP North District Major Crime Unit became engaged in the missing person investigation when investigators were unable to rule out foul play. The BC RCMP Major Crime Unit, Fort St. John RCMP, Surrey RCMP, Forensic Identification/Forensic Search Units, Police Dog Section and other units from across the BC and Alberta worked collectively to try and locate Sarah FOORD.
On July 24, 2020, the continuing investigation resulted in the recovery of human remains in a remote location approximately 75 km north of Fort St. John. In consultation with the BC Coroner Service, and Sarah’s family the remains were confirmed to be those of Sarah FOORD.
The Investigative findings were provided to the BC Prosecution Service and on July 25 the BCPS approved one count of 2nd degree murder against John Wendell KEYLER, 35, for the murder of Sarah FOORD.
KEYLER was arrested without incident in Fort St. John and will make an appearance on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
RCMP investigators continue to update Sarah’s family on the progress of the investigation and will continue to provide them support.
“I want to acknowledge all of the police investigators, staff and analysts who worked day and night on this investigation to find Sarah and secure a charge for her death” says Insp. Lorne Wood, North District Major Crime. “Also on behalf of the investigative team I want to thank Sarah’s family, members of the public and local businesses who came forward with information to assist with the investigation into the disappearance of Sarah. Our priority now is to prepare for court process”.
Released by BC RCMP.
- Police seek Wanted Man… November 27, 2020
- Heavy snow expected for McGregor and PG region… November 26, 2020
- Male arrested following incident at Dawson Creek Walmart… November 26, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 18, 2020
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -4.2°C November 28, 2020
- Friday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 7. POP 60% November 27, 2020
- Saturday: Sunny. High minus 2. November 27, 2020
- Saturday night: Partly cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 1. November 27, 2020
- Sunday: Sunny. High plus 2. November 27, 2020
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 2. November 27, 2020
- Monday: Chance of showers. High plus 4. POP 60% November 27, 2020
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 5. November 27, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3. November 27, 2020