As of July 4, rainfall warnings have ended.
As of July 3, a further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected today and tonight across the BC Peace. A long episode of rain, at times heavy, continues.
Environment Canada Rainfall Warning continues…
A further 20 to 40 mm of rain is expected to fall today and tonight over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park – Stone Mountain Park regions.
A persistent low pressure system over Alberta has led to several days of heavy rain over the B.C. Peace River, Fort Nelson, and Muncho Lake Park- Stone Mountain Park regions. So far in this rain event 40 to 80 mm of rain has fallen over the region since Wednesday morning.
After a brief break in the rain yesterday afternoon, widespread showers have redeveloped over the region overnight. The showers are expected to continue through tonight and ease on Saturday as the low pressure system weakens.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Watch for possible washouts near rivers, creeks and culverts.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.6°C June 16, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 14. POP 40% June 16, 2021
- Wednesday night: Periods of rain. Low 9. June 16, 2021
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% June 16, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 7. June 16, 2021
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 17. POP 40% June 16, 2021
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 40% June 16, 2021
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. June 16, 2021
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 9. June 16, 2021