AH UPDATE: Alaska Highway northbound lane could reopen around 8 AM, May 27. Detour using the 269 Road.
UPDATE: On May 26, 2020, just after 4 PM, RCMP received a report of a fully engulfed tractor trailer on the Alaska Hwy between Rd 269 and Rd 271.
Emergency crews from Fort St. John and Charlie Lake were called to the scene and located a single semi tractor and trailer fully engulfed in flames. Police say the fire is under control but is still burning.
Police are asking the public who may have witnessed the incident or have dash cam video to please contact officers.
Police also say it’s early in the investigation to confirm what caused the crash. The Alaska Highway in that area will remain closed as fire services, Peace Region Traffic Services and the North District RCMP Traffic Reconstruction Unit remain on scene.
DriveBC is reporting that there is a detour for traffic.
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who may have information about this incident to call 250-787-8100.
Original updates below…
As of 5:40 pm the AH remains closed in both directions. No detour.
Motorists in the Fort St. John area be advised that a vehicle fire is currently causing delays on the Alaska Highway north of 100th Ave intersection as seen in the photo below…
Once more details are released, we’ll update. If you have photos to share you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 16.2°C September 24, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. September 24, 2021
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 17. September 24, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of rain. High 15. September 24, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 14. POP 40% September 24, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021