AH UPDATE: Alaska Highway northbound lane could reopen around 8 AM, May 27. Detour using the 269 Road.
UPDATE: On May 26, 2020, just after 4 PM, RCMP received a report of a fully engulfed tractor trailer on the Alaska Hwy between Rd 269 and Rd 271.
Emergency crews from Fort St. John and Charlie Lake were called to the scene and located a single semi tractor and trailer fully engulfed in flames. Police say the fire is under control but is still burning.
Police are asking the public who may have witnessed the incident or have dash cam video to please contact officers.
Police also say it’s early in the investigation to confirm what caused the crash. The Alaska Highway in that area will remain closed as fire services, Peace Region Traffic Services and the North District RCMP Traffic Reconstruction Unit remain on scene.
DriveBC is reporting that there is a detour for traffic.
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who may have information about this incident to call 250-787-8100.
Original updates below…
As of 5:40 pm the AH remains closed in both directions. No detour.
Motorists in the Fort St. John area be advised that a vehicle fire is currently causing delays on the Alaska Highway north of 100th Ave intersection as seen in the photo below…
Once more details are released, we’ll update. If you have photos to share you can email: email@example.com
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 7.3°C May 16, 2021
- Sunday: Mainly cloudy. High 17. May 16, 2021
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low 7. POP 40% May 16, 2021
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 11. POP 70% May 16, 2021
- Monday night: Showers. Low plus 3. May 16, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 7. POP 60% May 16, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low plus 1. May 16, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 9. May 16, 2021
- Wednesday night: Cloudy. Low zero. May 16, 2021