FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP wish to remind the public that schools are considered back in session and that the RCMP will be enforcing school zone speed zones.
To save yourself some time, money and frustration, the RCMP wants to remind you that:
- BC school zones are posted at 30km’s per hour.
- The penalty for speeding in a school zone is higher than regular speeding fines.
- Speeding exceeded by less than 21Km/h starts at $196.00 and three demerit points.
- The penalty for speeding between 21 and 40 km/h over the speed limit jumps to $253.00 and three demerit points. That means if you were travelling at 52 km/h you are eligible for the higher priced fine.
- Excessive speeding by exceeding the speed limit by 41 to 60km/h the fine jumps to $368, three demerit points and a weeklong impoundment with the tow and impound at owners expense.
Be prepared to see RCMP frontline officers patrolling and radar enforcing the speed zones around town. And remember; slowing down in school zones can save you time, money and frustration and it just takes a few seconds.
- Fentanyl, cocaine and meth seized during Search Warrant… October 20, 2020
- Various city parks to close early… October 20, 2020
- BC records another 127 deaths from illicit drugs… October 20, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -8.9°C October 22, 2020
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. High minus 6. POP 30% October 22, 2020
- Thursday night: Mainly cloudy. Low minus 12. October 22, 2020
- Friday: Mainly cloudy. High minus 9. October 22, 2020
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low minus 16. October 22, 2020
- Saturday: Sunny. High minus 6. October 22, 2020
- Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 15. October 22, 2020
- Sunday: Sunny. High plus 1. October 22, 2020
- Sunday night: Cloudy. Low minus 2. October 22, 2020