Below is the latest COVID-19 information as of 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 26, 2020. We have made some edits to the way this update was originally written to avoid confusion. We will continue to edit these type of government releases to avoid negative feedback.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 725
- New cases since March 25, 2020: 66
- Hospitalized cases: 66
- Intensive care: 26
- COVID-19 related deaths: 14
- Recovered: 186, including 5 in the Northern Heath region.
Total Confirmed cases by region: (not including those who have recovered)
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 359
- Fraser Health: 241
- Island Health: 52
- Interior Health: 62
- Northern Health: 11
- Testing capacity in British Columbia has increased to approximately 3,500 tests per day.
- 26,681 individuals tested as of March 23, 2020.
- Across Canada, there are more than 10,000 tests per day.
- Testing is available for all who need it, but not everyone requires a test.
- If you have no symptoms, mild symptoms or you are a returning traveller self-isolating at home, you do not require a test.
- For each of these situations, the public health advice remains the same, regardless of test results: self-isolate for 10 days to monitor for the development of symptoms or until your symptoms are completely gone.
- Those who have severe illness, require hospitalization, are residents of long-term care facilities or are health-care workers will continue to be tested.
- Anyone part of an active investigation or outbreak cluster will be tested so they can be appropriately monitored.
- If symptoms appear, call your health-care provider, call 811 for guidance or check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
Provincial advice and measures:
- NEW: Dr. Bonnie Henry, provincial health officer, has made two orders for public and private health-sector employers and long-term care facilities. These orders ensure employees work at only one facility to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- NEW: The Province has announced new clinical guidance for health-care providers to stem the spread of COVID-19 and respond to the ongoing overdose emergency: http://news.gov.bc.ca/21890
- NEW: Province takes unprecedented steps to support COVID-19 response: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PSSG0020-000568
- NEW: Province is providing the United Way of the Lower Mainland with $50 million to bolster seniors’ supports at community service agencies through the expansion of bc211: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020HLTH0109-000570
- NEW: First Nations Emergency Program Act orders for COVID-19 response: https://news.gov.bc.ca/21886
- Winter Storm Warning in effect ⚠️ October 25, 2020
- PG area could see up to 15 cm of snow by Monday morning… October 24, 2020
- Charges approved in Drug Trafficking investigation… October 23, 2020