FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two suspects are facing charges following a series of events that began in Fort St. John on December 17…
Police say just before 2 PM, officers from the Crime Reduction Unit attempted to pullover a suspicious vehicle in the area of the 269 Road and Willow Road. The truck was observed to have no front licence plate and no insurance. Police learned the truck had been stolen on December 11 from Taylor.
The vehicle then fled northbound on the Alaska Highway and west onto Highway 29 towards Hudson’s Hope. Fort St. John officers notified the Hudson’s Hope RCMP in hopes of stopping the vehicle.
Officers from Hudson’s Hope set up a containment area and attempted to stop the truck in the Lynx Creek area. A laid out spike belt managed to flatten the front tires of the suspect vehicle but the driver continued. The driver was stopped by an oncoming officer.
David BARBER and Naomi GLADUE were both arrested on scene and face charges…
- Flight from Police
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
BARBER has been remanded in custody until the end of December and GLADUE was released by the Court with an appearance date in January.
BARBER is facing additional charges from two other recent files out of Fort St. John including:
- Break & Enter
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle,
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime x3
- Fraud x7
The Fort St. John RCMP Crime Reduction Unit is working with the Dawson Creek and Chetwynd RCMP detachments to investigate further cross jurisdictional offences.
The investigation continues.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 22, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 12.5°C July 25, 2021
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low 10. July 24, 2021
- Sunday: Mainly sunny. High 22. July 24, 2021
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low 11. July 24, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High 23. July 24, 2021
- Monday night: Clear. Low 12. July 24, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 22. July 24, 2021
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 11. July 24, 2021
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. July 24, 2021