FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two men are in custody following a Break and Enter to a home Wednesday afternoon in Fort St. John…
Police say the incident began just before 1:30 PM, when witnesses saw two men leave a home on the 8600 block of 109th Ave.
Officers immediately attended and located two suspects matching the description provided. A foot pursuit was initiated and assistance from the Police Dog Services (PDS) was called.
Shortly after the initial call, a fire alarm was received from the residence of the suspected break and enter. Fort St. John Fire Department attended and extinguished the fire which is believed to be suspicious. The fire department states the fire was contained to where it started in the home and was attended to quickly thanks to an alarm system.
During the time of the fire, a call was received of a stolen vehicle driving dangerously. Evidence suggested that this stolen vehicle may be connected to the break and enter and suspicious fire.
Soon after, PDS spotted the vehicle, saw a man exit the vehicle, who was apprehended with the aid of the police service dog. The suspect was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries sustained during the arrest, and was later released to the custody of the police.
The second suspect remained outstanding but was later identified and arrested without incident. Both men remain in police custody pending a court appearance.
The investigation is ongoing and police ask anyone with information to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Have you seen Sarah FOORD?.. July 11, 2020
- Key Dawson Creek crossing replaced with new bridge… July 11, 2020
- Minister’s statement on June Labour Force Survey results… July 10, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 8, 2020
- Current Conditions: 11.1°C July 12, 2020
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 40% July 11, 2020
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% July 11, 2020
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low 10. POP 60% July 11, 2020
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. July 11, 2020
- Monday night: Clear. Low 10. July 11, 2020
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 22. July 11, 2020
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low 12. July 11, 2020
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High 19. July 11, 2020