FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two men are in custody following a Break and Enter to a home Wednesday afternoon in Fort St. John…
Police say the incident began just before 1:30 PM, when witnesses saw two men leave a home on the 8600 block of 109th Ave.
Officers immediately attended and located two suspects matching the description provided. A foot pursuit was initiated and assistance from the Police Dog Services (PDS) was called.
Shortly after the initial call, a fire alarm was received from the residence of the suspected break and enter. Fort St. John Fire Department attended and extinguished the fire which is believed to be suspicious. The fire department states the fire was contained to where it started in the home and was attended to quickly thanks to an alarm system.
During the time of the fire, a call was received of a stolen vehicle driving dangerously. Evidence suggested that this stolen vehicle may be connected to the break and enter and suspicious fire.
Soon after, PDS spotted the vehicle, saw a man exit the vehicle, who was apprehended with the aid of the police service dog. The suspect was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries sustained during the arrest, and was later released to the custody of the police.
The second suspect remained outstanding but was later identified and arrested without incident. Both men remain in police custody pending a court appearance.
The investigation is ongoing and police ask anyone with information to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- B.C. prepares to safely move to Step 2 of its restart plan… June 14, 2021
- City installing new crosswalk on Tyner Boulevard at Baker Road… June 11, 2021
- ICBC issues second COVID-19 rebate… June 11, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.8°C June 16, 2021
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 60% June 15, 2021
- Wednesday: Chance of showers. High 14. POP 40% June 15, 2021
- Wednesday night: Periods of rain. Low 9. June 15, 2021
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% June 15, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 7. June 15, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High 21. June 15, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low 8. June 15, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 21. June 15, 2021