PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Sunday December 8 from 9 AM to 3 PM, the Prince George RCMP will be at all four local Save-On Foods stores in Prince George asking the public’s help to “Pack-A-PC” (police car) with non-perishable foods.
All donations will be donated to the Prince George Council of Seniors and will help low-income seniors this holiday season.
Police officers and Detachment staff will be donating their time at each store alongside some of our 100 police volunteers. We will be asking for the public’s help to fill police vehicles with food as many times as we can during the six hour event. We are asking the generous people of our communities to purchase an extra item or two while shopping and help load the police vehicle on the way out of the store.
Save-On Foods stores are located in College Heights (Domano Boulevard), Hart Highway (West Austin Road), Parkwood Mall (15th Avenue) and Spruceland Mall (Central Street).
Items suggested for donation include:
· Canned vegetables, beans or lentils
· Canned fruits packed in water, 100% unsweetened fruit juice or fruit sauce
· Canned fish, chicken, ham or corned beef
· Carton of shelf stable (UHT) milk or non-dairy milk or real fruit juice (unsweetened)
· Canned soups or stews (LOW IN SODIUM preferred)
· Facial tissue, toilet tissue, paper towel (INDIVIDUALLY wrapped packages appreciated)
· Instant oatmeal (individual packets)
· Rice (plain) or pastas
· Stuffing mix, turkey gravy mix or canned cranberry sauce
· Pudding mixes
· Peanut butter
· Crackers, whole or multigrain
· Small box of tea or small jar of instant coffee
Please consider low sugar, no sugar and low salt items!
Volunteers will also accept cash and grocery store gift cards for donation to the Council. Perishable items will be purchased just before the food is delivered later this month.
- Winter Storm Warning in effect ⚠️ October 25, 2020
- PG area could see up to 15 cm of snow by Monday morning… October 24, 2020
- Charges approved in Drug Trafficking investigation… October 23, 2020