FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 15.8°C September 24, 2021
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. September 24, 2021
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 17. September 24, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021
- Sunday: Periods of rain. High 15. September 24, 2021
- Sunday night: Cloudy periods. Low 8. September 24, 2021
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 14. POP 40% September 24, 2021
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 24, 2021