FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- Snowfall Warning for Prince George and Quesnel… December 15, 2019
- OPEN… Alaska Highway CLOSED north of Fort St. John… December 15, 2019
- Investigators seeking victims of alleged sexual offender… December 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 7, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, -12.1°C December 16, 2019
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 17. December 16, 2019
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 13. POP 30% December 16, 2019
- Monday night: Mainly cloudy. Temperature rising to minus 8 by morning. December 16, 2019
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 40% December 16, 2019
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 17. December 16, 2019
- Tuesday: Snow. High minus 15. December 16, 2019
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 16. December 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High minus 15. December 16, 2019