FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John October 25, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 0.9°C October 26, 2021
- Tuesday: Fog. High 8. October 26, 2021
- Tuesday night: Increasing cloudiness. Low minus 2. October 26, 2021
- Wednesday: Clearing. High 7. October 26, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low zero. October 26, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High plus 4. October 26, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 5. October 26, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High plus 1. October 26, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 4. October 26, 2021