FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John July 22, 2021
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 14.6°C July 25, 2021
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low 10. July 24, 2021
- Sunday: Mainly sunny. High 22. July 24, 2021
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low 11. July 24, 2021
- Monday: Sunny. High 23. July 24, 2021
- Monday night: Clear. Low 12. July 24, 2021
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 22. July 24, 2021
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 11. July 24, 2021
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 24. July 24, 2021