FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- Serious rollover crash on Hwy 16 near Bednesti claims one life… September 27, 2020
- Open: Highway 16 West CLOSED near Bednesti… September 26, 2020
- Charges laid against two suspects following Lyon Street raid… September 25, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 20, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 8.8°C September 29, 2020
- Monday night: Mainly cloudy. Low 6. September 28, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 14. September 28, 2020
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low plus 4. September 28, 2020
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 17. September 28, 2020
- Wednesday night: Cloudy periods. Low 6. September 28, 2020
- Thursday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. September 28, 2020
- Thursday night: Clear. Low plus 5. September 28, 2020
- Friday: Sunny. High 18. September 28, 2020