FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- New pool to be an impressive, accessible downtown amenity… February 20, 2020
- Police seek missing Prince George woman… February 20, 2020
- Update… Serious collision claims one life south Prince George… February 20, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 1, 2020
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 0.8°C February 23, 2020
- Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 9. February 22, 2020
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 2. February 22, 2020
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 9. February 22, 2020
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 1. February 22, 2020
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 9. February 22, 2020
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 2. February 22, 2020
- Tuesday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 6. February 22, 2020
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. February 22, 2020