FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A male driver is in hospital in Fort St. John following a single vehicle crash early this morning…
At approximately 2:00 AM, Fort St. John RCMP attempted a traffic stop on a truck with no tail lights. The driver fled while the officer pulled over and deactivated his emergency equipment. He called his partners and told them he had disengaged and no pursuit had taken place.
The vehicle was later located rolled in a ditch with the driver still inside. Fire and Emergency Health Services attended and transported the driver to hospital. No word on his condition.
The RCMP is conducting a criminal investigation and has notified the IIO BC. IIO BC is investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries.
As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
- Suspect rams police, ends in arrest… April 13, 2021
- Two people injured following shooting in Dawson Creek… April 12, 2021
- Police incident on PG Pulpmill Road… April 10, 2021
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 10, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.7°C April 14, 2021
- Tuesday night: Clearing. Low zero. April 13, 2021
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 14. April 13, 2021
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low zero. April 13, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High 14. April 13, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low plus 3. April 13, 2021
- Friday: Sunny. High 16. April 13, 2021
- Friday night: Clear. Low plus 4. April 13, 2021
- Saturday: Sunny. High 15. April 13, 2021