PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Monday November 11, 2019 at approximately 7:30 AM, the Prince George RCMP received a report of a commercial break & enter to a electronics store on Southridge Avenue in Prince George.
Frontline officers attended the business and were informed that a significant amount of electronics had been stolen. Evidence at the scene led officers to locate a suspect riding a bike on Highway 16 near Vance Road. The suspect was arrested without incident. The stolen items were recovered and returned to the business.
Carl Frederick Jays, a 39 year-old Prince George man, has been charged by the BC Prosecution Service with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Break, enter and commit theft
- Possession of break-in instruments
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
Jays has been remanded in custody and made a court appearance on Tuesday.
If you have any information about property crime in the Prince George area, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477.
- Suspicious activity leads to search warrants and arrests in Dawson Creek… August 11, 2020
- Modern hatchery brings hope for Island salmon populations August 11, 2020
- Over 5 million illegal cigarettes seized in 2019-20 across BC… August 11, 2020