Police have released an update and have included charges against an 18 year-old female who stabbed a man last week…
PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Wednesday August 14 at approximately 4:00 PM, the Prince George RCMP responded to a report of a stabbing that occurred at a residence on the 1400 block of 3rd Avenue in Prince George.
Multiple officers attended immediately. An adult male victim was found to be suffering from injuries consistent with being stabbed by an edged weapon. A lone female suspect fled before emergency services were called. The victim was transported to hospital for treatment of his non-life threatening injuries.
Through investigation, a suspect was identified. Patrols were made throughout the downtown core. At approximately 5:30 PM, the suspect was observed walking near the corner of 6th Avenue and Dominion Street in Prince George. Officers approached her to effect an arrest and the suspect attempted to flee on foot. She was caught a short distance later and taken into custody.
The BC Prosecution Service has approved the following charges against 18 year old Madison Rose Patrick from Vanderhoof, BC:
- Assault with a weapon
- Assault causing bodily harm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Resisting arrest
- Patrick was released on a Recognizance for court on September 11th, 2019.
The victim and suspect are known to each other. This was a targeted act as a result of a disagreement.
- Specialized gang enforcement team heads to Prince George… September 29, 2020
- New survey shows links between COVID-19 pandemic and B.C. nurses’ mental health… September 29, 2020
- Majority of British Columbians support phasing out for-profit long-term care… September 29, 2020