PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Over the weekend, the Prince George RCMP’s Municipal Traffic Services Section conducted targeted impaired driving enforcement in close proximity to two local events, a music festival and a drag racing event.
From the evening of Friday August 9th to the early morning hours of Sunday August 11th, officers conducted targeted enforcement in the areas of 15th Avenue and Ospika Boulevard, as well as along Chief Lake Road in Prince George.
As a result of this enforcement, the following Motor Vehicle Act violations were issued:
- 5 – 90 day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions with 30 day vehicle impounds
- 4 – 3 day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions with 3 day vehicle impounds
- 2 – 24 hour driving prohibition
- 1 – Excessive speed violation with a 7 day impound
Impaired driving remains one of the leading causes of serious and fatal motor vehicle collisions on our roads.
If you witness an impaired person get behind the wheel of a vehicle or witness a possibly impaired driver on our roads, please immediately call 9-1-1. Your efforts to contact police may save a life.
- Canada Wide Warrant issued for Prince George man… October 11, 2019
- Police seek two males in connection to the death of Gregory Wale… October 11, 2019
- Male succumbs to injuries following fight on 20th Ave… October 10, 2019