FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP is currently investigating an attempted Abduction of a road flagger which occurred on Sunday in Hwy 29…
Police say at approximately 9:00 AM, a dark blue van with silver striping approached a road flagger working on Hwy 29, approximately 27 km southwest of Charlie Lake.
The van came to a stop near the woman flagger and a man opened the rear doors, exited the van and attempted to pull the woman in it. The flagger struggled with the unknown male who eventually got back in the van and drove off toward Hudson’s Hope. The male appeared to be caucasian and the victim did not recognize the person.
The Fort St. John RCMP is partnering with RCMP members from Hudson Hope, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson and Grande Prairie in an attempt to identify the suspect, or the vehicle in this incident.
RCMP members are currently canvassing neighboring properties to speak with witnesses or to obtain any video surveillance they may have.
Traffic Services members in North District have been made aware and are currently looking for any vehicles that match the description.
The van is described as:
- darkblue with silver striping
- chrome on front grille
- barn style rear doors
The suspect is described as;
- caucasian male
- approximately 5’9″ tall
- no accent when he spoke
“We’re asking for anyone who was in the Charlie Lake area to try to remember if they saw a vehicle matching this description and to call the RCMP,” says Sgt Joelle LaChance, A/Operations NCO of the Fort St. John RCMP. “Your dash cam footage may be able to help us identify the suspect in this crime”.
The Fort St. John RCMP is asking anyone who may have been in the area at the time of this incident and may recognize this van, the suspect or have dash cam video footage to contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8140.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John April 29, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 7.3°C May 16, 2021
- Sunday: Mainly cloudy. High 17. May 16, 2021
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low 7. POP 40% May 16, 2021
- Monday: Chance of showers. High 11. POP 70% May 16, 2021
- Monday night: Showers. Low plus 3. May 16, 2021
- Tuesday: Chance of showers. High 7. POP 60% May 16, 2021
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low plus 1. May 16, 2021
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 9. May 16, 2021
- Wednesday night: Cloudy. Low zero. May 16, 2021