SPCA staff brought the 16 year-old dog to a local veterinarian office to be examined, and found the dog to be in very poor health. Medical staff considered all their findings and determined the most compassionate plan of action was for the dog to be euthanized.
Police contacted the owner and learned they had been MedEvac and hospitalized for the past 2 months. The owner entrusted their dog to the care of others on short notice while receiving medical care.
The RCMP warn, vigilante justice is not acceptable and, depending on the actions taken, could be prosecuted as a criminal offence.
- Advertising ended for our WordPress members… August 22, 2019
- Police seek dangerous man Wanted on warrants… August 22, 2019
- Two Surrey men reported missing mid-July found deceased… August 20, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 6, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.1°C August 23, 2019
- Thursday night: Rain. Low 9. August 22, 2019
- Friday: Rain. High 19. August 22, 2019
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 10. August 22, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. August 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 8. August 22, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. August 22, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 6. August 22, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 17. August 22, 2019