SPCA staff brought the 16 year-old dog to a local veterinarian office to be examined, and found the dog to be in very poor health. Medical staff considered all their findings and determined the most compassionate plan of action was for the dog to be euthanized.
Police contacted the owner and learned they had been MedEvac and hospitalized for the past 2 months. The owner entrusted their dog to the care of others on short notice while receiving medical care.
The RCMP warn, vigilante justice is not acceptable and, depending on the actions taken, could be prosecuted as a criminal offence.
- Canada Wide Warrant issued for Prince George man… October 11, 2019
- Police seek two males in connection to the death of Gregory Wale… October 11, 2019
- Male succumbs to injuries following fight on 20th Ave… October 10, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John September 27, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, 0.1°C October 14, 2019
- Sunday night: Mainly cloudy. Low minus 2. October 13, 2019
- Monday: Mainly cloudy. High plus 5. October 13, 2019
- Monday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 2. October 13, 2019
- Tuesday: Snow. High plus 2. October 13, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low zero. October 13, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 10. October 13, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 30% October 13, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 10. POP 30% October 13, 2019