SPCA staff brought the 16 year-old dog to a local veterinarian office to be examined, and found the dog to be in very poor health. Medical staff considered all their findings and determined the most compassionate plan of action was for the dog to be euthanized.
Police contacted the owner and learned they had been MedEvac and hospitalized for the past 2 months. The owner entrusted their dog to the care of others on short notice while receiving medical care.
The RCMP warn, vigilante justice is not acceptable and, depending on the actions taken, could be prosecuted as a criminal offence.
- OPEN… Alaska Highway CLOSED north of Fort St. John… December 15, 2019
- Investigators seeking victims of alleged sexual offender… December 13, 2019
- Two men arrested following B&E and suspicious fire… December 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 7, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, -16.7°C December 15, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 13. December 15, 2019
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low minus 16. December 15, 2019
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 3. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 12. December 15, 2019
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 14. POP 40% December 15, 2019