SALMON ARM, BC: One person has died and another person is in hospital following a possible Carbon Monoxide poisoning incident at a Campground near Salmon Arm…
Police say just after 10 AM, RCMP officers from Salmon Arm respondend a medical distress call at a private Campground where two people required emergency assistance. Upon arrival, officers located a deceased adult female and a group of people performing first-aid on a youth.
Through investigation, it was determined that the pair had been camping in a tent and gone to bed the night prior at approximately midnight. Inside the tent investigators located a cooking pot with wood ash in it that is believed to have been used as source of heat.
Based on the evidence gathered, it appears that both tent occupants may have been overcome by Carbon Monoxide from the wood burning.
BC Air Ambulance transported the youth to a hospital who was in serious condition. Victim Services was contacted to offer assistance and support.
The BC Coroners Service was contacted and is in the early stages of its fact-finding investigation.
- Fatal crash claims one life and seriously injures four others… October 21, 2019
- UPDATE… Freezing rain in the forecast for BC Peace… October 20, 2019
- UPDATED… Police seek two* wanted persons in unrelated files… October 19, 2019