SMITHERS, BC: The Smithers RCMP would like to notify the public regarding a recent increase in property crime that has occurred both in Smithers and nearby rural communities over the last week.
The majority of investigations fall into two categories:
1) Insecure vehicles in Smithers being targeted by offenders.
Items such as loose change, ID cards/documents and electronic chargers have been stolen. In some cases an attempt was made to steal the vehicle.
2) Rural properties from Witset to Quick being targeted by offenders, especially properties with workshops and tool sheds.
The offenders are using vehicles, at times with trailers attached, to steal tools and larger items like generators and air compressors. In some cases ATVs and dirt bikes have been targeted.
The Smithers RCMP is urging everyone to ensure their homes and workshops are locked, and firearms properly stored. Do not store your vehicle’s keys inside the vehicle.
Should anyone observe any suspicious activity, including vehicles or activity near a rural property, please notify the Smithers RMCP.
If you are planning to be away from your home for an extended period of time, please have a neighbour or friend check on your property.
Should you have any information regarding those responsible please contact the Smither’s RCMP at 250-847-3233 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Ended… Freezing Rain Warning for Prince George, Cariboo, and BC Peace… November 11, 2019
- UPDATE… Be on the lookout for this stolen ’53 Henry J.. November 10, 2019
- Warm Pacific front to bring ice pellets and freezing rain… November 10, 2019