Officers received a report of a suspicious vehicle with a tow rope hanging over the tailgate which left a gas station on 96A Street. An audible alarm was also going off from the business.
When officers arrived on scene, they located a smashed window and a broken ATM that was ripped from the wall. Officers made patrols and located the suspect vehicle which then collided with a police vehicle. Spike strips were deployed on the vehicle and was successful. The vehicle was followed to Taylor where two suspects were seen fleeing from the truck.
The male passenger was found hiding in the grass near the truck and arrested. The driver was also arrested.
- Break and Enter,
- Flight from police,
- Assault Peace Officer with a weapon
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance.
The male passenger was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Break and Enter
- Breach of Recognizance
Charges for an additional attempted ATM theft which occurred at around 3:30 AM on April 19, 2019, at another gas station on the west side of Fort St. John, where the same truck was used.
- Open… Alaska Highway CLOSED north of Fort St. John… January 24, 2020
- Search crews locate man who spent close to 20 hours in deep snow… January 24, 2020
- Brownie was shot and needs your help to heal.. January 24, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 19, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 0.6°C January 26, 2020
- Saturday night: A few clouds. Low minus 7. January 25, 2020
- Sunday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 60% January 25, 2020
- Sunday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 7 with temperature rising to minus 4 by morning. POP 60% January 25, 2020
- Monday: Sunny. High plus 2. January 25, 2020
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 9. January 25, 2020
- Tuesday: Sunny. High minus 2. January 25, 2020
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 9. POP 30% January 25, 2020
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 1. POP 30% January 25, 2020