Officers received a report of a suspicious vehicle with a tow rope hanging over the tailgate which left a gas station on 96A Street. An audible alarm was also going off from the business.
When officers arrived on scene, they located a smashed window and a broken ATM that was ripped from the wall. Officers made patrols and located the suspect vehicle which then collided with a police vehicle. Spike strips were deployed on the vehicle and was successful. The vehicle was followed to Taylor where two suspects were seen fleeing from the truck.
The male passenger was found hiding in the grass near the truck and arrested. The driver was also arrested.
- Break and Enter,
- Flight from police,
- Assault Peace Officer with a weapon
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance.
The male passenger was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Break and Enter
- Breach of Recognizance
Charges for an additional attempted ATM theft which occurred at around 3:30 AM on April 19, 2019, at another gas station on the west side of Fort St. John, where the same truck was used.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John May 27, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mainly Clear, 13.6°C May 27, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 12. May 26, 2019
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High 27. May 26, 2019
- Monday night: Clearing. Low 13. May 26, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 29. May 26, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 14. May 26, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 24. May 26, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of showers. Low 9. POP 60% May 26, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 20. May 26, 2019