FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP has notified the Independent Investigations Office of British Columbia (IIO BC) of an incident in Fort St. John which has resulted in injury to a suspect…
Police say at 3:00 AM on April 22, 2019, a Fort St. John RCMP officer was conducting patrols in an area of the city where theft from vehicles had occurred earlier in the evening. The officer attempted to speak to a man he encountered but the man fled on foot and was arrested following a brief foot pursuit, with assistance from backup officers. Following the man’s arrest, injuries were observed.
The man was assessed at the RCMP detachment by BC Ambulance and subsequently transported to a local area hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.
The officers were not injured.
The IIO BC is now investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries. As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
Please note that all aspects and circumstances of this incident will be the subject of independent investigation and verification by the IIO BC.
- Ended… Freezing Rain Warning for Prince George, Cariboo, and BC Peace… November 11, 2019
- UPDATE… Be on the lookout for this stolen ’53 Henry J.. November 10, 2019
- Warm Pacific front to bring ice pellets and freezing rain… November 10, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 12, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -4.5°C November 13, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 7. POP 40% November 12, 2019
- Wednesday: Mainly sunny. High 7 with temperature falling to minus 7 in the afternoon. November 12, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 9. POP 30% November 12, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. High minus 6. POP 30% November 12, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 6. November 12, 2019
- Friday: Sunny. High plus 5. November 12, 2019
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 1. November 12, 2019
- Saturday: Periods of rain. High plus 4. November 12, 2019