FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP has notified the Independent Investigations Office of British Columbia (IIO BC) of an incident in Fort St. John which has resulted in injury to a suspect…
Police say at 3:00 AM on April 22, 2019, a Fort St. John RCMP officer was conducting patrols in an area of the city where theft from vehicles had occurred earlier in the evening. The officer attempted to speak to a man he encountered but the man fled on foot and was arrested following a brief foot pursuit, with assistance from backup officers. Following the man’s arrest, injuries were observed.
The man was assessed at the RCMP detachment by BC Ambulance and subsequently transported to a local area hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.
The officers were not injured.
The IIO BC is now investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries. As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
Please note that all aspects and circumstances of this incident will be the subject of independent investigation and verification by the IIO BC.
- Advertising ended for our WordPress members… August 22, 2019
- Police seek dangerous man Wanted on warrants… August 22, 2019
- Two Surrey men reported missing mid-July found deceased… August 20, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 6, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.1°C August 23, 2019
- Thursday night: Rain. Low 9. August 22, 2019
- Friday: Rain. High 19. August 22, 2019
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 10. August 22, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. August 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 8. August 22, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. August 22, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 6. August 22, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 17. August 22, 2019