FORT ST. JOHN, BC: The Fort St. John RCMP has notified the Independent Investigations Office of British Columbia (IIO BC) of an incident in Fort St. John which has resulted in injury to a suspect…
Police say at 3:00 AM on April 22, 2019, a Fort St. John RCMP officer was conducting patrols in an area of the city where theft from vehicles had occurred earlier in the evening. The officer attempted to speak to a man he encountered but the man fled on foot and was arrested following a brief foot pursuit, with assistance from backup officers. Following the man’s arrest, injuries were observed.
The man was assessed at the RCMP detachment by BC Ambulance and subsequently transported to a local area hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.
The officers were not injured.
The IIO BC is now investigating to determine whether police actions or inactions are linked to the man’s injuries. As the matter is now under investigation by the IIO BC, no further information will be released by police.
Please note that all aspects and circumstances of this incident will be the subject of independent investigation and verification by the IIO BC.
- Have you seen Cameron Fitzpatrick?.. January 21, 2020
- Search Warrant executed at a home in Chetwynd… January 20, 2020
- Snowfall Warning for Mackenzie and Pine Pass region… January 19, 2020
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 19, 2020
- Current Conditions: Mist, -9.5°C January 22, 2020
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 30% January 22, 2020
- Wednesday night: A few clouds. Low minus 12. January 22, 2020
- Thursday: Chance of flurries. High minus 4. POP 60% January 22, 2020
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. January 22, 2020
- Friday: Sunny. High minus 4. January 22, 2020
- Friday night: Clear. Low minus 4. January 22, 2020
- Saturday: Sunny. High minus 2. January 22, 2020
- Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 8. January 22, 2020