PRINCE GEORGE, BC: Frontline officers from the RCMP worked with their enforcement partners at CVSE, to target unsafe vehicles on the road.
On Tuesday, April 16 and Wednesday April 17, officers from the Prince George RCMP’s Municipal Traffic Section worked together with the provincial Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) branch to conduct vehicle inspections throughout the City of Prince George.
Representatives from both agencies combined their specialized training to conduct vehicle inspections on both light commercial and private vehicles to ensure they were road worthy. These checks were conducted at static locations and during roving patrols.
Over the two days of focused and targeted enforcement, the following results were generated:
- 30 tickets for moving violations;
- 9 tickets for non-moving and administrative violations;
- 15 Notice and Orders, directing drivers to fix or repair minor vehicle equipment deficiencies;
- 7 Notice and Orders, directing drivers to fix multiple observed defects, and get a vehicle inspection within 30 days;
- 4 Notice and Orders, immediately taking the vehicle out of service, and directing the driver to have multiple safety violations repaired and inspected.
Some of the common vehicle defects observed included heavily cracked windshields, improper lighting, oversized tires, and rust perforation.
“It is every driver’s responsibility to ensure their vehicle is safe to be on the road, and in good mechanical condition” says Sgt. Matthew LaBelle, in charge of the Prince George RCMP’s Municipal Traffic Services Section. “You cannot drive an unsafe vehicle to a repair or inspection facility; you have to make other arrangements.”
The Prince George RCMP would like to remind drivers and vehicle owners to have their studded tires removed before May 1, as per provincial legislation.
To report commercial vehicle safety violations, contact CVSE at 1-888-775-8785. To report unsafe private vehicles, contact your local RCMP Detachment. In Prince George, call 250-561-3300.
More joint projects are planned.
Released by Prince George RCMP.
- RCMP make arrest in connection to the death of Jamie Baldwin… December 7, 2019
- Two suspects arrested in Quesnel following theft of vehicle… December 6, 2019
- Pack-A-PC donation event returns… December 5, 2019