FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One man has been arrested after he was found passed out in a running vehicle Monday morning…
Police say just before 7 AM, officers received a report that a man was passed out in a running Dodge pickup truck in a parking lot near 93rd Ave and 93rd Street.
When officers attended the scene, they located an open bottle of liquor and possible cocaine. Officers attempted to wake the driver who then appeared to put the vehicle in drive. The driver was assisted out of the vehicle and arrested.
The man was identified as a resident of Taylor, BC, who is prohibited from driving and is the registered owner of vehicles that have fled from officers in the recent weeks. The man was arrested for Impaired Care and Control of a Motor Vehicle along with other firearm and CDSA (Controlled Drug and Substances Act) offences.
Incidental to arrest, officers located a loaded hand gun, a rifle, a knitted mask, multiple collapsible batons, several knives, as well as suspected cocaine, fentanyl, cannabis, mushrooms and an undisclosed amount of cash. The truck has also been impounded.
“A file like this highlights the importance of the relationship between the public and the police,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter. “Reporting something that appeared out of the ordinary assisted the police in removing dangerous drugs and weapons off the streets, making both Fort St. John and Taylor safer for us all to live.”
The man has since been released on conditions and a date to appear in court.
- OPEN… Alaska Highway CLOSED north of Fort St. John… December 15, 2019
- Investigators seeking victims of alleged sexual offender… December 13, 2019
- Two men arrested following B&E and suspicious fire… December 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 7, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, -16.7°C December 15, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 13. December 15, 2019
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low minus 16. December 15, 2019
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 3. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 12. December 15, 2019
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 14. POP 40% December 15, 2019