FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One man has been arrested after he was found passed out in a running vehicle Monday morning…
Police say just before 7 AM, officers received a report that a man was passed out in a running Dodge pickup truck in a parking lot near 93rd Ave and 93rd Street.
When officers attended the scene, they located an open bottle of liquor and possible cocaine. Officers attempted to wake the driver who then appeared to put the vehicle in drive. The driver was assisted out of the vehicle and arrested.
The man was identified as a resident of Taylor, BC, who is prohibited from driving and is the registered owner of vehicles that have fled from officers in the recent weeks. The man was arrested for Impaired Care and Control of a Motor Vehicle along with other firearm and CDSA (Controlled Drug and Substances Act) offences.
Incidental to arrest, officers located a loaded hand gun, a rifle, a knitted mask, multiple collapsible batons, several knives, as well as suspected cocaine, fentanyl, cannabis, mushrooms and an undisclosed amount of cash. The truck has also been impounded.
“A file like this highlights the importance of the relationship between the public and the police,” said Constable Chad Neustaeter. “Reporting something that appeared out of the ordinary assisted the police in removing dangerous drugs and weapons off the streets, making both Fort St. John and Taylor safer for us all to live.”
The man has since been released on conditions and a date to appear in court.
- Windy conditions could increase fire risk in BC Peace… April 18, 2019
- Unsafe vehicles targeted by Police… April 18, 2019
- Faster, better access to team-based primary care coming to Prince George… April 17, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 9.0°C April 22, 2019
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low plus 2. April 21, 2019
- Monday: Rain. High 14. April 21, 2019
- Monday night: Clearing. Low plus 1. April 21, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 11. April 21, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. April 21, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 6. April 21, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. April 21, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 7. April 21, 2019