PRINCE GEORGE, BC: A man Wanted on a Canada Wide-Warrant has been arrested in Prince George following a traffic stop during the overnight…
Police say at approximately 2:30 AM, an officer on patrol observed a vehicle being driven on Strathcona Avenue and attempted to pull it over for a motor vehicle infraction. The driver refused to stop for the officer and continued to the western end of the street.
The officer had then attempted to block the suspect vehicle in at the end of the street, but was crashed into by the suspect driver. The driver and passenger were arrested shortly after without further incident. The police officer did not report any injuries.
A search of the vehicle found bear spray, knives and a small amount of what is believed to be fentanyl.
The male driver was identified as 33 year-old Michael Daniel JAKINS of Penticton, BC. JAKINS was checked on police computer systems and found to be the subject of a Canada-wide Warrant out of Vancouver, BC, for Break & Enter, Possession of Break-in Instruments and Driving While Prohibited.
The BC Prosecution Service has approved the following additional Criminal Code Charges against JAKINS:
- Assaulting a Peace Officer with a Weapon
- Fail to Stop for a Peace Officer
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace (2 counts)
- Carry a Concealed Weapon
JAKINS has been held in custody and will appear in Provincial Court later today.
- Serious rollover crash on Hwy 16 near Bednesti claims one life… September 27, 2020
- Open: Highway 16 West CLOSED near Bednesti… September 26, 2020
- Charges laid against two suspects following Lyon Street raid… September 25, 2020