FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Three people have been arrested following an incident with a gun in Taylor on Sunday…
Police say at around 2:48 AM, officers received a report of gunshots in the 9800 block of North Spruce Street in Taylor.
While enroute to the scene, officers noted a lone vehicle heading north on the Alaska Highway from Taylor. When an officer attempted to pull over the vehicle, several items were being chucked out the window, including a bulletproof vest.
Police pursued the vehicle to Fort St. John where it pulled into a local hotel parking lot. Three occupants of the van attempted to flee from police on foot, but were all taken into custody.
Items that were thrown from the vehicle were all recovered and identified as a bullet resistant vest, a shotgun and a 9mm pistol.
“I am very proud of the systematic response by our officers to this type of high risk call. They were able to contain the threat to the public while safely apprehending the alleged suspects,” says Sergeant Dave Tyreman, acting Operations Officer.
A 32 year-old Taylor woman, a 29 year-old Fort St. John male, and a 34 year-old Victoria male are being held in custody pending a Provincial Court appearance to answer to numerous firearm and other related offences.
This is all the information we have at this time.
- OPEN… Alaska Highway CLOSED north of Fort St. John… December 15, 2019
- Investigators seeking victims of alleged sexual offender… December 13, 2019
- Two men arrested following B&E and suspicious fire… December 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 7, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, -16.7°C December 15, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 13. December 15, 2019
- Sunday night: A few clouds. Low minus 16. December 15, 2019
- Monday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 3. December 15, 2019
- Tuesday night: Snow. Low minus 12. December 15, 2019
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 12. POP 60% December 15, 2019
- Wednesday night: Chance of flurries. Low minus 14. POP 40% December 15, 2019