FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Three people have been arrested following an incident with a gun in Taylor on Sunday…
Police say at around 2:48 AM, officers received a report of gunshots in the 9800 block of North Spruce Street in Taylor.
While enroute to the scene, officers noted a lone vehicle heading north on the Alaska Highway from Taylor. When an officer attempted to pull over the vehicle, several items were being chucked out the window, including a bulletproof vest.
Police pursued the vehicle to Fort St. John where it pulled into a local hotel parking lot. Three occupants of the van attempted to flee from police on foot, but were all taken into custody.
Items that were thrown from the vehicle were all recovered and identified as a bullet resistant vest, a shotgun and a 9mm pistol.
“I am very proud of the systematic response by our officers to this type of high risk call. They were able to contain the threat to the public while safely apprehending the alleged suspects,” says Sergeant Dave Tyreman, acting Operations Officer.
A 32 year-old Taylor woman, a 29 year-old Fort St. John male, and a 34 year-old Victoria male are being held in custody pending a Provincial Court appearance to answer to numerous firearm and other related offences.
This is all the information we have at this time.
- UPDATE… Two dead following Hit and Run incident… September 19, 2019
- Police arrest male wanted on several charges… September 18, 2019
- Three small dogs found shot in ditch off Willow Cale Rd… September 17, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 6, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 9.7°C September 20, 2019
- Thursday night: Chance of showers. Low 7. POP 30% September 19, 2019
- Friday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. September 19, 2019
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 9. September 19, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 18. September 19, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low 9. September 19, 2019
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 18. POP 30% September 19, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 5. POP 30% September 19, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 14. September 19, 2019