FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Three people have been arrested following an incident with a gun in Taylor on Sunday…
Police say at around 2:48 AM, officers received a report of gunshots in the 9800 block of North Spruce Street in Taylor.
While enroute to the scene, officers noted a lone vehicle heading north on the Alaska Highway from Taylor. When an officer attempted to pull over the vehicle, several items were being chucked out the window, including a bulletproof vest.
Police pursued the vehicle to Fort St. John where it pulled into a local hotel parking lot. Three occupants of the van attempted to flee from police on foot, but were all taken into custody.
Items that were thrown from the vehicle were all recovered and identified as a bullet resistant vest, a shotgun and a 9mm pistol.
“I am very proud of the systematic response by our officers to this type of high risk call. They were able to contain the threat to the public while safely apprehending the alleged suspects,” says Sergeant Dave Tyreman, acting Operations Officer.
A 32 year-old Taylor woman, a 29 year-old Fort St. John male, and a 34 year-old Victoria male are being held in custody pending a Provincial Court appearance to answer to numerous firearm and other related offences.
This is all the information we have at this time.
- Second measles case in 100 Mile… March 24, 2019
- Three arrested during High-Risk incident in Quesnel… March 24, 2019
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 4.8°C March 25, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low plus 1. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High 7. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 24, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 8. March 24, 2019