FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking for any witnesses to come forward following a serious collision involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning…
Police say at approximately 7:45 AM, officers received a report of a motor vehicle incident involving a youth on 86th Street at 85th Ave.
The youth was crossing the street, westbound on 86th Street when he was struck by a white 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The youth sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to the Fort St. John Hospital where he was later flown to Vancouver for further medical attention.
The driver of the pickup truck remained on scene and was cooperative with police.
The RCMP Traffic Reconstruction unit attended to assist in the investigation.
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has dash camera footage of the collision to contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at http://www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John May 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Smoke, 16.7°C May 24, 2019
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% May 24, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 2. May 24, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 25. May 24, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 8. May 24, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. May 24, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low 11. May 24, 2019