FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are asking for any witnesses to come forward following a serious collision involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning…
Police say at approximately 7:45 AM, officers received a report of a motor vehicle incident involving a youth on 86th Street at 85th Ave.
The youth was crossing the street, westbound on 86th Street when he was struck by a white 2007 Chevrolet Silverado. The youth sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to the Fort St. John Hospital where he was later flown to Vancouver for further medical attention.
The driver of the pickup truck remained on scene and was cooperative with police.
The RCMP Traffic Reconstruction unit attended to assist in the investigation.
The Fort St. John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has dash camera footage of the collision to contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at http://www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -6.7°C February 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 40% February 19, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 11. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 19. February 19, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 7. February 19, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. High minus 8. February 19, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019