UPDATE 2: As a result of responses on social media, the owner of the suspect trucking company called in and provided all required information to police.
UPDATE: The Fort St. John RCMP is reaching out to the public to assist in identifying a transport truck that allegedly forced a local driver off the road on January 11, 2019, near the Big Bam turn off in Taylor.
If you have any information on the driver of this vehicle, please contact the RCMP at 250-787-8100.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Police in Fort St. John are looking for possible witnesses to a vehicle incident that occurred on January 11…
Police say at approximately 4:15 PM, officers received a report that a vehicle had been forced off the road by a semi tractor unit near the Big Bam Road turnoff, just off the Alaska Highway in Taylor.
The driver of a burgundy Dodge 3500 told police a commercial tractor trailer unit hauling one or possibly two light green trailers cut the driver off near the Big Bam Road turnoff, forcing the victim to drive through a snow filled ditch. The tractor trailer unit did not stop and continued on. The victim was taken to hospital with minor injuries and the vehicle suffered some damage.
Police are looking to speak with witnesses as the incident occurred during the daytime. A black Dodge Ram 1500 with some driver side damage was following close behind the alleged suspect vehicle and continued on. The tractor trailer unit has a red and white unidentified logo on the back of the trailer.
A witness who stopped at the scene advised the semi driver may have been on the phone at the time of the incident.
If you have any information on this event or may know the identity of the trucking company, please contact Cst. Matt Perdue at the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -6.7°C February 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 40% February 19, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 11. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 19. February 19, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 7. February 19, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. High minus 8. February 19, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019