Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the BC Peace Region. 10 to 20 cm of snow is expected to begin late Friday night. Details below…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.
A low pressure system will approach the BC Peace River region tonight and move into Alberta on Saturday. Snow heavy at times will develop tonight and persist through Saturday afternoon.
Strong northwest winds in the wake of the low may produce local blowing snow with reduced visibility on Saturday.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John May 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Smoke, 16.7°C May 24, 2019
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% May 24, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 2. May 24, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 25. May 24, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 8. May 24, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. May 24, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low 11. May 24, 2019