Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the BC Peace Region. 10 to 20 cm of snow is expected to begin late Friday night. Details below…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.
A low pressure system will approach the BC Peace River region tonight and move into Alberta on Saturday. Snow heavy at times will develop tonight and persist through Saturday afternoon.
Strong northwest winds in the wake of the low may produce local blowing snow with reduced visibility on Saturday.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Driver forced off the road near South Taylor Hill… January 17, 2019
- Southeast District Major Crime Unit Arrest Shooting Suspect… January 17, 2019
- Unlocked vehicles an easy target for thieves… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.1°C January 18, 2019
- Thursday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 20. January 17, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 19. January 17, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of light snow. Temperature steady near minus 18. January 17, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 13. January 17, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low minus 14. January 17, 2019
- Sunday: Snow. High minus 10. January 17, 2019
- Sunday night: Cloudy. Low minus 14. January 17, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 3. January 17, 2019