Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the BC Peace Region. 10 to 20 cm of snow is expected to begin late Friday night. Details below…
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.
A low pressure system will approach the BC Peace River region tonight and move into Alberta on Saturday. Snow heavy at times will develop tonight and persist through Saturday afternoon.
Strong northwest winds in the wake of the low may produce local blowing snow with reduced visibility on Saturday.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- Three seriously injured following crash on Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- Open… Hwy 16 West CLOSED at Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 23, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.9°C March 24, 2019
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low zero. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 6. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Monday: Cloudy. High 6. March 23, 2019
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 2. March 23, 2019
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 5. March 23, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Wednesday: Chance of flurries. High plus 3. POP 40% March 23, 2019