Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and BC Peace Region for today and tonight.
10 to 15 cm is expected north of Prince George. 5 to 10 cm of heavy wet snow mixed with rain is expected for Prince George beginning this morning and ending late in the day.
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching Pacific low pressure system will drop 10 to 15 cm of snowfall accumulation over Williston, Pine Pass, McGregor and the B.C Peace. Over the Peace lesser amounts will occur away from the Rockies.
Snow will begin this morning and end late this evening or overnight tonight, as the low moves into Alberta.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. ShiftIntoWinter.ca reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John November 23, 2021
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, -1.5°C December 2, 2021
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 2. December 2, 2021
- Thursday night: Clear. Low minus 6. December 2, 2021
- Friday: Mainly sunny. High minus 1. December 2, 2021
- Friday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 12. December 2, 2021
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 12. December 2, 2021
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 21. December 2, 2021
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 15. December 2, 2021
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 21. December 2, 2021