Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and BC Peace Region for today and tonight.
10 to 15 cm is expected north of Prince George. 5 to 10 cm of heavy wet snow mixed with rain is expected for Prince George beginning this morning and ending late in the day.
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching Pacific low pressure system will drop 10 to 15 cm of snowfall accumulation over Williston, Pine Pass, McGregor and the B.C Peace. Over the Peace lesser amounts will occur away from the Rockies.
Snow will begin this morning and end late this evening or overnight tonight, as the low moves into Alberta.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. ShiftIntoWinter.ca reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- Advertising ended for our WordPress members… August 22, 2019
- Police seek dangerous man Wanted on warrants… August 22, 2019
- Two Surrey men reported missing mid-July found deceased… August 20, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John August 6, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 14.4°C August 23, 2019
- Thursday night: Rain. Low 9. August 22, 2019
- Friday: Rain. High 19. August 22, 2019
- Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 10. August 22, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 20. August 22, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low 8. August 22, 2019
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 17. August 22, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 6. August 22, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 17. August 22, 2019