Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and BC Peace Region for today and tonight.
10 to 15 cm is expected north of Prince George. 5 to 10 cm of heavy wet snow mixed with rain is expected for Prince George beginning this morning and ending late in the day.
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching Pacific low pressure system will drop 10 to 15 cm of snowfall accumulation over Williston, Pine Pass, McGregor and the B.C Peace. Over the Peace lesser amounts will occur away from the Rockies.
Snow will begin this morning and end late this evening or overnight tonight, as the low moves into Alberta.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. ShiftIntoWinter.ca reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- RAINFALL WARNING , Fort St. John May 27, 2022
- SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT ENDED, Fort St. John May 27, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.6°C May 27, 2022
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% May 27, 2022
- Friday night: Rain at times heavy. Low 6. May 27, 2022
- Saturday: Rain. High 9. May 27, 2022
- Saturday night: Showers. Low 6. May 27, 2022
- Sunday: Chance of showers. High 15. POP 60% May 27, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 3. POP 60% May 27, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High 17. May 27, 2022