Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and BC Peace Region for today and tonight.
10 to 15 cm is expected north of Prince George. 5 to 10 cm of heavy wet snow mixed with rain is expected for Prince George beginning this morning and ending late in the day.
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching Pacific low pressure system will drop 10 to 15 cm of snowfall accumulation over Williston, Pine Pass, McGregor and the B.C Peace. Over the Peace lesser amounts will occur away from the Rockies.
Snow will begin this morning and end late this evening or overnight tonight, as the low moves into Alberta.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. ShiftIntoWinter.ca reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- City launches training of digital registration system for Emergency Support Services… June 13, 2019
- Property Crime offenders caught… June 13, 2019
- Have you seen Tori SCHRAM?.. June 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John June 1, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 15.5°C June 17, 2019
- Monday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 25. June 17, 2019
- Monday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 12. June 17, 2019
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. June 17, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 9. June 17, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 16. June 17, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of rain. Low 8. June 17, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% June 17, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 6. June 17, 2019