Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for the Pine Pass and BC Peace Region for today and tonight.
10 to 15 cm is expected north of Prince George. 5 to 10 cm of heavy wet snow mixed with rain is expected for Prince George beginning this morning and ending late in the day.
Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching Pacific low pressure system will drop 10 to 15 cm of snowfall accumulation over Williston, Pine Pass, McGregor and the B.C Peace. Over the Peace lesser amounts will occur away from the Rockies.
Snow will begin this morning and end late this evening or overnight tonight, as the low moves into Alberta.
Weather in the mountains can change suddenly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. ShiftIntoWinter.ca reminds drivers to know before you go. Adjust to winter driving behaviour and use winter tires and chains.
Road conditions are available at http://www.drivebc.ca.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- Three seriously injured following crash on Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- Open… Hwy 16 West CLOSED at Hwy 97… March 23, 2019
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John March 23, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.1°C March 23, 2019
- Saturday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 7. March 23, 2019
- Saturday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 30% March 23, 2019
- Sunday: Chance of showers. Temperature steady near plus 4. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 2. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Monday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 7. March 23, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low plus 1. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries or rain showers. High plus 5. POP 40% March 23, 2019
- Tuesday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low minus 1. POP 60% March 23, 2019