UPDATE 2: Alaska Highway is now open as of 2:30 PM PST.
UPDATE: The AH might reopen around 3 pm MST. Currently it is alternating. As of 1:32 PM PST. Our next update is at 3pm PST.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person has died following a two vehicle crash Thursday morning south of Taylor…
Police say at approximately 7:30 AM PST, RCMP from Dawson Creek and other emergency services attended a fatal head-on crash on the AH near the 230 road.
Officers say the driver of a pickup truck died at the scene. No word on the semi truck driver.
The Alaska Highway remains CLOSED. The cause of the collision remains under investigation by Peace Region Traffic Services, the Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Service and the BC Coroners’ Service.
The AH is expected to be closed for several more hours. Motorists should check DriveBC for the latest.
If anyone witnessed the collision they are asked to contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250 784-3700.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 31, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.6°C April 18, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 15. POP 30% April 18, 2019
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Low plus 1. April 18, 2019
- Friday: Mainly sunny. High 10. April 18, 2019
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 3. POP 30% April 18, 2019
- Saturday: Sunny. High 7. April 18, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low minus 3. April 18, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 14. April 18, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low zero. April 18, 2019