UPDATE 2: Alaska Highway is now open as of 2:30 PM PST.
UPDATE: The AH might reopen around 3 pm MST. Currently it is alternating. As of 1:32 PM PST. Our next update is at 3pm PST.
FORT ST. JOHN, BC: One person has died following a two vehicle crash Thursday morning south of Taylor…
Police say at approximately 7:30 AM PST, RCMP from Dawson Creek and other emergency services attended a fatal head-on crash on the AH near the 230 road.
Officers say the driver of a pickup truck died at the scene. No word on the semi truck driver.
The Alaska Highway remains CLOSED. The cause of the collision remains under investigation by Peace Region Traffic Services, the Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Service and the BC Coroners’ Service.
The AH is expected to be closed for several more hours. Motorists should check DriveBC for the latest.
If anyone witnessed the collision they are asked to contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250 784-3700.
- Driver forced off the road near South Taylor Hill… January 17, 2019
- Southeast District Major Crime Unit Arrest Shooting Suspect… January 17, 2019
- Unlocked vehicles an easy target for thieves… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.1°C January 18, 2019
- Thursday night: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 20. January 17, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 19. January 17, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of light snow. Temperature steady near minus 18. January 17, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 13. January 17, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy. Low minus 14. January 17, 2019
- Sunday: Snow. High minus 10. January 17, 2019
- Sunday night: Cloudy. Low minus 14. January 17, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 3. January 17, 2019