PRINCE GEORGE, BC: On Sunday December 9th, 2018 from 10 AM to 4 PM, the Prince George RCMP will be at all four local Save-On Foods stores asking the public’s help to “Pack-A-PC” (police car) with non-perishable foods. All donations will be donated to the Prince George Council of Seniors.
Police officers and Detachment staff will be donating their time at each store alongside some of our 100 regular police volunteers. We will be asking for the public’s help to fill police vehicles with food as many times as we can during the six hour period. It is our hope that the generous citizens of Prince George and surrounding areas purchase an extra item or two while shopping and help load the police vehicle on the way out of the store.
Save-On Foods stores are located in College Heights (Domano Boulevard), Hart Highway (West Austin Road), Parkwood Mall (15th Avenue) and Spruceland Mall (Central Street).
Items suggested for donation include:
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits packed in water, 100% unsweetened fruit juice or fruit sauce
- Oatmeal or other hot cereal
- Rice or barley
- Canned fish, chicken, ham or corned beef
- Peanut butter
- Canned or dry beans and lentils
- Canned evaporated milk, milk powder or shelf stable UHT milk
- Fortified plant-based beverages (soy, rice or coconut)
- Canned soups or stews (LOW IN SODIUM preferred)
- Facial tissue, toilet tissue, paper towel (Individually wrapped packages appreciated)
Volunteers will also accept cash and grocery store gift cards for donation to the Council.
Last December the RCMP raised over $4,000 in cash donations and received enough donations of food items that would have crammed 22 police cars.
- Excessive speeder ticketed twice within 30 minutes… December 7, 2018
- Suspect driver causes havoc on 15th Ave… December 7, 2018
- Possible fraudulent activity occurring in Fraser Lake… December 7, 2018