Update 2: Freezing Rain Warning has ended.
Update 1: Several travel advisories are in effect. For the latest updates on road info throughout the night, click here.
Motorists in the BC Peace Region should take it easy on local highways as Freezing rain settles over the region. If you do not have to go out this afternoon or evening then don’t.
Although the temps are rising, windchill will be a factor and can cause slippery sections all over highways and city streets this evening as the road surface will be colder than the air.
Drive BC states that there is freezing rain falling on the Alaska Highway to north of Fort St. John, Hwy 97 from Dawson Creek to Chetwynd, Hwy 29, Hwy 2, Hwy 49, Hwy 103, and Hwy 52. Slippery sections are also reported by the motoring public.
Please slow down and travel below the speed limits if you must go out.
- Excessive speeder ticketed twice within 30 minutes… December 7, 2018
- Suspect driver causes havoc on 15th Ave… December 7, 2018
- Possible fraudulent activity occurring in Fraser Lake… December 7, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, 1.0°C December 10, 2018
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High plus 2. December 10, 2018
- Monday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 10, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High zero. December 10, 2018
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 10, 2018