Update 2: Freezing Rain Warning has ended.
Update 1: Several travel advisories are in effect. For the latest updates on road info throughout the night, click here.
Motorists in the BC Peace Region should take it easy on local highways as Freezing rain settles over the region. If you do not have to go out this afternoon or evening then don’t.
Although the temps are rising, windchill will be a factor and can cause slippery sections all over highways and city streets this evening as the road surface will be colder than the air.
Drive BC states that there is freezing rain falling on the Alaska Highway to north of Fort St. John, Hwy 97 from Dawson Creek to Chetwynd, Hwy 29, Hwy 2, Hwy 49, Hwy 103, and Hwy 52. Slippery sections are also reported by the motoring public.
Please slow down and travel below the speed limits if you must go out.
- SPECIAL AIR QUALITY STATEMENT , Fort St. John May 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Smoke, 16.7°C May 24, 2019
- Friday: Chance of showers. High 21. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Friday night: Chance of showers. Low 8. POP 40% May 24, 2019
- Saturday: Chance of showers. High 20. POP 30% May 24, 2019
- Saturday night: Clear. Low plus 2. May 24, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High 25. May 24, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low 8. May 24, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High 26. May 24, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low 11. May 24, 2019