Update 2: Freezing Rain Warning has ended.
Update 1: Several travel advisories are in effect. For the latest updates on road info throughout the night, click here.
Motorists in the BC Peace Region should take it easy on local highways as Freezing rain settles over the region. If you do not have to go out this afternoon or evening then don’t.
Although the temps are rising, windchill will be a factor and can cause slippery sections all over highways and city streets this evening as the road surface will be colder than the air.
Drive BC states that there is freezing rain falling on the Alaska Highway to north of Fort St. John, Hwy 97 from Dawson Creek to Chetwynd, Hwy 29, Hwy 2, Hwy 49, Hwy 103, and Hwy 52. Slippery sections are also reported by the motoring public.
Please slow down and travel below the speed limits if you must go out.
- Fentanyl and Cocaine seized during latest drug bust on the Hart… February 15, 2019
- Officers stop to help local mom stranded with two kids… February 15, 2019
- UPDATED.. Police continue to investigate kidnapping incident in Kamloops… February 15, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.2°C February 17, 2019
- Saturday night: A few flurries. Low minus 24. February 16, 2019
- Sunday: Sunny. High minus 17. February 16, 2019
- Sunday night: Clear. Low minus 21. February 16, 2019
- Monday: Sunny. High minus 12. February 16, 2019
- Monday night: Clear. Low minus 15. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday: Cloudy. High minus 6. February 16, 2019
- Tuesday night: Cloudy. Low minus 11. February 16, 2019
- Wednesday: Cloudy. High minus 10. February 16, 2019