PRINCE GEORGE, BC: It’s spooky time once again and that means kids, parents, and pets will be out walking, or driving, city streets to find those sweets. Each year we post tips, and even though many of you follow through, some still forget the rules due to excitement!
This year, the Quesnel RCMP sent out some tips for all of you to keep in mind of while having a great time with your family and friends… Have fun!!
Oh, below the safety message is some weather information for Halloween tonight! Keep warm.
The Quesnel RCMP would like to remind everyone to stay safe this Halloween. Pedestrians and Drivers are encouraged to being extra careful when walking or driving on Halloween Night.
Parents / Guardians are encouraged to ensure their Trick-or-Treaters:
- Wear light coloured costumes, have reflective tape on their costume or carry a flashlight or glow stick
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult
- Stay on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the roadway facing traffic
- Ensure costumes are properly fitted to reduce tripping hazards
- Consider make up rather than masks to ensure vision is not restricted
- Don’t carry real swords, knives or firearms as part of a costume. Use other props
- Ensure masks are not worn when entering businesses
- Never enter a stranger’s house to retrieve treats; stay in neighbourhoods you know
- Trick-or-Treat in groups
- Keep your dog inside to protect them from noise and to prevent them from inadvertently biting a Trick-or-Treater
- Inspect your children’s treats and throw away anything that doesn’t appear to be commercially sealed
Police suggest parents / guardians have a conversation with their children about these safety tips and to always remain vigilant to any suspicious behaviour.
Please follow this link: http://www.kidsintheknow.ca/safehalloween to Spread the Word for a Safe and Happy Halloween.
For Prince George, cloudy this evening with a temperature around plus 3. Light winds expected. No rain.
For Quesnel, cloudy conditions, light winds, with a temperature around plus 3. No rain.
For Fort St. John, a few rain/snow showers and light wind conditions with a temperature around plus 2 this evening. Dress warm.
For Dawson Creek, rain changing to flurries this evening and windy conditions with a temperature around plus 1. Dress warm.
- Police asking for help to locate two missing people… January 16, 2019
- Police investigating incident involving Shots Fired and Forcible Entry.. January 16, 2019
- Homicide investigation underway in Prince George… January 16, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Light Snow, -19.4°C January 16, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Thursday: Periods of light snow. High minus 19. POP 40% January 16, 2019
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy. Low minus 22. January 16, 2019
- Friday: Chance of flurries. High minus 18. POP 60% January 16, 2019
- Friday night: Cloudy. Low minus 18. January 16, 2019
- Saturday: Snow. High minus 15. January 16, 2019
- Saturday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 14. January 16, 2019
- Sunday: Chance of flurries. High minus 5. POP 40% January 16, 2019