FORT ST. JOHN, BC: On October 31, 2018 at 2:17 PM, the Fort St. John RCMP received information of a man who may be in possession of a handgun near one of the local schools located on 86th Street.
All available officers attended and set up containment in the area, but had learned shortly thereafter that the suspect had departed in an unknown green SUV.
Officers were able to contact the 23 year-old man and have him turn himself in to police.
The alleged handgun involved is believed to be an air soft pistol.
RCMP believe the public is not at risk regarding this incident.
The investigation is still in its early stages so no further information will be released at this time.
North Peace Secondary, Duncan Cran and Robert Ogilvie Elementary Schools were in a lock down mode during the incident. No one was injured.
Written and released by Fort St. John RCMP with edits by PJXM News.
- City launches training of digital registration system for Emergency Support Services… June 13, 2019
- Property Crime offenders caught… June 13, 2019
- Have you seen Tori SCHRAM?.. June 13, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John June 1, 2019
- Current Conditions: Partly Cloudy, 15.5°C June 17, 2019
- Monday: A few showers or thunderstorms. High 25. June 17, 2019
- Monday night: A few showers or thunderstorms. Low 12. June 17, 2019
- Tuesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. June 17, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low 9. June 17, 2019
- Wednesday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 16. June 17, 2019
- Wednesday night: Periods of rain. Low 8. June 17, 2019
- Thursday: Chance of showers. High 16. POP 60% June 17, 2019
- Thursday night: Clear. Low 6. June 17, 2019