FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two suspects were arrested last month after stealing a BAIT car in Fort St. John…
Officers were alerted to a BAIT car activation and the vehicle was on the move as police monitored the incident that had two occupants, a male and female inside.
Officers tracked the car to a location within the city and witnessed the male passenger attempting to exit the vehicle. The female driver attempted to out run police but failed as the vehicle was remotely disabled. Police arrested the two suspects without incident. Both are facing charges of Theft and for Possession of Property obtained by Crime.
“The Bait Car Program is one of the highest priority crime reduction strategies used by the Fort St. John RCMP. It has been instrumental in the apprehension of auto thieves in our community,” said Cpl. Ryan SALANT.
- Excessive speeder ticketed twice within 30 minutes… December 7, 2018
- Suspect driver causes havoc on 15th Ave… December 7, 2018
- Possible fraudulent activity occurring in Fraser Lake… December 7, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, 1.0°C December 10, 2018
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High plus 2. December 10, 2018
- Monday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 10, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High zero. December 10, 2018
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 10, 2018