FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Two suspects were arrested last month after stealing a BAIT car in Fort St. John…
Officers were alerted to a BAIT car activation and the vehicle was on the move as police monitored the incident that had two occupants, a male and female inside.
Officers tracked the car to a location within the city and witnessed the male passenger attempting to exit the vehicle. The female driver attempted to out run police but failed as the vehicle was remotely disabled. Police arrested the two suspects without incident. Both are facing charges of Theft and for Possession of Property obtained by Crime.
“The Bait Car Program is one of the highest priority crime reduction strategies used by the Fort St. John RCMP. It has been instrumental in the apprehension of auto thieves in our community,” said Cpl. Ryan SALANT.
- Second measles case in 100 Mile… March 24, 2019
- Three arrested during High-Risk incident in Quesnel… March 24, 2019
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 4.8°C March 25, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low plus 1. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High 7. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 24, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 8. March 24, 2019