FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A bomb threat at a local mall in Fort St. John this afternoon proved to be false…
Police say just after 12 PM, officers responded to a report of a bomb threat at Winners. Officers learned a 23 year-old man was questioned by mall security about what he was doing and the male replied, twice, that he had a bomb.
Security called RCMP who immediately attended the scene and located the man in question. The male suspect was located with a duffle bag and while being arrested officers asked what was in the bag. The suspect loudly said, “A bomb” Members were able to quickly determine that there was not a bomb in the bag but rather groceries.
Though it may be the season of Tricks or Treats, the Fort St. John RCMP take the safety of the public they serve, very seriously and the threat of a bomb is more than a joking matter. General Duty members as well as plain clothes units attended the mall, to cordon off the area and intervene as necessary.
The Fort St. John RCMP believe this to be an isolated incident but the investigation is currently ongoing.
Charges are expected.
- Excessive speeder ticketed twice within 30 minutes… December 7, 2018
- Suspect driver causes havoc on 15th Ave… December 7, 2018
- Possible fraudulent activity occurring in Fraser Lake… December 7, 2018
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John December 3, 2018
- Current Conditions: Mainly Sunny, 1.0°C December 10, 2018
- Monday: Mainly sunny. High plus 2. December 10, 2018
- Monday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday: Periods of snow. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 1. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday: Sunny. High plus 3. December 10, 2018
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 2. December 10, 2018
- Thursday: Sunny. High zero. December 10, 2018
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 8. December 10, 2018