FORT ST. JOHN, BC: A bomb threat at a local mall in Fort St. John this afternoon proved to be false…
Police say just after 12 PM, officers responded to a report of a bomb threat at Winners. Officers learned a 23 year-old man was questioned by mall security about what he was doing and the male replied, twice, that he had a bomb.
Security called RCMP who immediately attended the scene and located the man in question. The male suspect was located with a duffle bag and while being arrested officers asked what was in the bag. The suspect loudly said, “A bomb” Members were able to quickly determine that there was not a bomb in the bag but rather groceries.
Though it may be the season of Tricks or Treats, the Fort St. John RCMP take the safety of the public they serve, very seriously and the threat of a bomb is more than a joking matter. General Duty members as well as plain clothes units attended the mall, to cordon off the area and intervene as necessary.
The Fort St. John RCMP believe this to be an isolated incident but the investigation is currently ongoing.
Charges are expected.
- Second measles case in 100 Mile… March 24, 2019
- Three arrested during High-Risk incident in Quesnel… March 24, 2019
- BC Search and Rescue societies receive funding… March 23, 2019
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John March 24, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 4.8°C March 25, 2019
- Sunday night: Chance of rain showers or flurries. Low plus 1. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday: Chance of rain showers or flurries. High 7. POP 60% March 24, 2019
- Monday night: Chance of showers. Low minus 2. POP 30% March 24, 2019
- Tuesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday: Sunny. High 6. March 24, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. March 24, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High 8. March 24, 2019