Snow is expected in the Fort Nelson region today and for the BC Peace Region tonight and into Wednesday. Environment Canada is now forecasting some wet flurries for Prince George tonight and into Wednesday morning.
A Special Weather Statement and Snowfall Warning is in effect…
Snowfall accumulations will vary widely and current indications are for amounts ranging from 2 to 4 cm near Fort Nelson up to 5 to 10 cm closer to the Rockies over the BC North Peace.
Those travelling through the area including Highway 97 are advised to prepare for rapidly changing weather and road conditions.
A Snowfall Warning has been issued for the BC South Peace and for Pine Pass for 10+ cm tonight and it could be expanded to additional regions as the situation unfolds.
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John February 13, 2019
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, -6.7°C February 19, 2019
- Tuesday: Chance of flurries. High minus 3. POP 40% February 19, 2019
- Tuesday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 11. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday: Periods of snow. Temperature steady near minus 10. February 19, 2019
- Wednesday night: Clear. Low minus 19. February 19, 2019
- Thursday: Sunny. High minus 7. February 19, 2019
- Thursday night: Cloudy periods. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019
- Friday: Periods of snow. High minus 8. February 19, 2019
- Friday night: Periods of snow. Low minus 15. February 19, 2019