UPDATE: Alaska Highway is now open as of 7 pm.
At this time we do not have any further details on this crash other than it is serious. Once RCMP release details, a new story will be posted.
Motorists be advised that the Alaska Highway is CLOSED in both directions 15 km north of Fort St. John due to a vehicle incident.
Closed in both directions 15.3 km north of Fort St. John because of Vehicle Incident. Detour available via heading North 271 Rd west onto 256 Rd follow until Highway 97 or heading south turn east onto 254 Rd follow until Montney and turn south onto 271 Rd. Estimated time of opening 8:00 PM. Updated on Tue Aug 21 at 3:40 pm PDT. (ID# 284108)
- No watches or warnings in effect, Fort St. John January 18, 2022
- Current Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, 5.3°C January 23, 2022
- Saturday night: Mainly cloudy. Temperature steady near plus 3. January 22, 2022
- Sunday: A mix of sun and cloud. High 6. January 22, 2022
- Sunday night: Chance of wet flurries. Low minus 5. POP 30% January 22, 2022
- Monday: Sunny. High zero. January 22, 2022
- Monday night: Cloudy periods. Low zero. January 22, 2022
- Tuesday: Sunny. High plus 4. January 22, 2022
- Tuesday night: Clear. Low minus 4. January 22, 2022
- Wednesday: Sunny. High zero. January 22, 2022